with a Personal Touch
We design our short- or long-term Rehabilitation Services to personally fit the individual needs of each resident. Our techniques are innovative and our goal is to assist you in reaching your highest level of functioning.
- Nursing staff on-site 24/7
- Therapists on-site seven days a week
- Private or semi-private rooms
- Personalized meals and snacks
We believe in matching the appropriate therapy or therapies to the patient for maximum results. Therapies might include a combination of:
- Physical Therapy. The focus is on the larger muscles of your body to regain strength, balance, endurance for improved independence and safety with mobility including ambulation and transfers. The Physical Therapist will work with you to maintain and restore movement and functional ability.
- Occupational Therapy. This therapy involves activities of daily living such as dressing, cooking, bathing and self-care. The Occupational Therapist will work with you so you are better enabled to participate in the activities of everyday life, either through modifications of the environment or regaining strength to return to prior levels of independence.
- Speech Therapy. The goal is restoring communications and swallowing. The Speech Therapist provides therapy for cognition, speech, and language for independence in any environment. The Speech Therapist also provides therapy for swallowing problems related to illness, injury and the normal aging process.
- Restorative Therapy. This is part of the overall clinical program and focuses on endurance, mobility and movement. A specially-trained Certified Nursing Assistant is assigned to individuals who would benefit from the service.
An Interdisciplinary Approach to Recovery
Our Rehabilitation Team may recommend a combination of our services:
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Physicians and Specialists
- Social Services
- Dietary Services
- Activities (offered on-site)
We accept most forms of insurance, including Medicare, Medi-Cal and managed care. For specific insurance questions, please call 408-741-2950.
What Others Are Saying
"I am 97 years old, and for as long as I can remember, I've told my daughter never to put me in a nursing home. But when I was released from the hospital after a bad case of the flu, my doctor and my family (and even I) knew I could not go back to my own home.
"I loved my stay here and was happy to celebrate my birthday here. Everyone was so kind and attentive. I felt loved and I shed a few tears when it was time for me to leave my friends in Rehab and go home."
- Ruth Coburn, Saratoga Resident for 50+ years
"I'm smiling so broadly in this photo because I can hardly believe what I'm hearing...that my mother-in-law doesn't want to go home!
"I have seen firsthand the difference at Our Lady of Fatima Villa. Both of my parents were in care facilities. My father was in a facility where procedures were cold and scripted. My mother's last years were spent in Skilled Nursing and at her condo with 24/7 care. In both cases, my parents lost their spirits; they felt loss of control. The difference with Fatima Villa is that it is patient-centric; it's the extra 20% that makes a huge difference. They take the time to ask 'How are you and what can we do to help you?' The patients feel as though they are in charge.
"When my mother-in-law's case went to the hospital, she was a cog in their gear train. She wasn't eating and was getting ready to die. They transferred to Fatima Villa and she has a goal. She is gaining weight and is preparing to go home. Fatima is listening to her and is helping her achieve her goal. She is talking, walking and her spirits are back. In the mindset of seniors, being heard is huge."
- Tom Rice, Ph.D.